Moruga Inc, an award-winning technology and telecommunications company, has acquired the MSP and Master Agency assets from Venicom, a pioneer in the marketplace.
Moruga founder and CEO Ed Parker had been an executive with Venicom for nearly two decades, so when presented with an opportunity to acquire their Carrier and Technical Services divisions, business that he had built and managed for years, Ed didn’t hesitate.
Since spearheading the launch of Venicom’s MSP division in 2013 Ed drove the development of proprietary data, cloud, XaaS solutions and more. As Moruga the name may have changed but the leadership, role players, and overall focus remain stronger than ever.
“The players and our dedication are the same but new ownership means a completely retooled playbook and a commitment to a more productive company culture,” said Parker.
Moruga effectively enables customers to maximize legacy infrastructure while seamlessly transitioning them to the latest technologies and providing a vehicle for partners to hedge against attrition.
“In the carrier race to zero no one wins, yet most partners are completely unaware of the money and security they leave on the table by not only selling Managed IT Services but prioritizing them,” Parker added.
Dean Jordan, President and co-founder, outlined a gameplan for growth through both organic sales and strategic acquisitions.
“We see plenty of opportunities for growth through direct and indirect sales channels. We plan to aggressively grow customer and partner relationships while filling industry gaps with proprietary services”.
As a master agent Moruga is a carrier-neutral customer advocate. Regardless of service or service provider, Moruga strategically leverages each carrier relationship on behalf of its customers and partners through automation and an operations department few Master Agents can match.
As an MSP, Moruga is an extension of its customers’ IT departments. This alleviates the frustration and anxiety companies experience managing and maintaining IT infrastructure, giving customers the freedom to focus on growth objectives.
“This may be as little as an extra set of hands or as much as a complete outsourced solution that includes 24×7 monitoring and support and solution architecture,” Parker said.
Moruga’s expertise covers a vast portfolio of services, including:
- Microsoft Office Collaboration Solutions — Connecting employees to the people, information, and content to improve continuity and productivity.
- Managed IT Services – Completing outsourced solutions including 24×7 monitoring and analysis.
- Professional Services – From strategic to tactical, planning to delivery, or advisory to on-site.
- Cloud and Data Center Services – Moruga’s proprietary private cloud architecture delivers advanced security, optimal performance, and reliability.
- Rapid Mobile Deployment – Meeting the requirements of today’s heavily altered technical landscape.
- Carrier Services – Combining extensive expertise delivering dynamic IT and telecom solutions with first-in-class support and automation.
The acquisition closed in early April. The terms of the purchase will remain undisclosed.
For information about services or how to become a partner please call (844)-MORUGA1 or visit MorugaIT.com.